Apparently every night when I go to sleep I forget I am pregnant. I wake up and get all ready to jump right out of bed (and oftentimes even attempt to jump out of bed) before I remember (or am painfully reminded) that I can't 'jump' anywhere. I am reminded that I am big and fat and that the smallest movements can be painful. How can you possibly forget something as huge and life changing as the fact that you are pregnant? I suppose I am just accustomed to taking my body for granted. My normal body. You know, the one that actually responds when I tell it to get up off the couch, can actually skip around the room and touch its toes? You would think I'd be used to this other body by now. After all, I only had a small respite during which nothing fully returned to normal anyway between the last nine months and this set.
I wasn't originally a morning person to pop right up and greet the day, only since my son was born and now I can hear him calling me from his room. He is always so cute and smiley in the morning that I can't wait to see him. Unfortunately there is no 'popping' up for me just now. Instead I roll laboriously out of bed with much groaning and even (I'll reluctantly admit) some grunting, and waddle to my son's room. That's right. I waddle.
No comments:
Post a Comment