Thursday, April 15, 2010

Epic Fail

Yesterday was not a great day. My house looks like it exploded (Literally). There are very few clean dishes left (I think there are three clean cups in the cupboard. Definitely no spoons.). I still haven't had a chance to wash all the thrown-up-upon towels (we've been dealing with flu for the last few days). The pile up of trashbags by the back door waiting to be taken up to the garbage can is reaching mountainous proportions. You don't even want to hear about the bathroom.

When my son was tromping around with a pair of my underwear around his neck (at least they were clean) and a tire pressure gauge in each hand (that I have no idea where he got from), completely slathered in lotion that I let him put on himself because I was simply unable to get up and do anything about it (don't worry, it was in his hair too), complete with permanent marker scribbles on his face and chest (I think that happened when I accidentally fell asleep on the floor for a few minutes ... I don't know what else he wrote on, I haven't found it yet.), and a lovely concoction of cracker crumbs and diarrhea was waiting to be cleaned out of the highchair ...

I thought to myself, 'We've had bad days before, but this is it. Today you have completely failed at motherhood.'

Today is going a lot better though, thus far, thanks for asking.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I LOVE YOU... days like that happen... you just have to forget it... or write it down to laugh at later... and move on!

Kate the Great said...

Oh my sweet girl, I do so love you.

I stand here, four kids later and promise you that since you were able to get up and start the next day, even having faced a day like that, it was not a total fail of motherhood.

You are doing great, just laugh at it, cry a little about it, and then write it down and move on.

Hang in there!