Monday, April 5, 2010

Stress


What is it about packing for a trip that stresses me out so much? Is it really that big of a deal if If I have a suitcase and a backpack instead of just a suitcase? Can't we just run to the nearest store and grab that toothbrush/extra pair of socks/baby formula we forgot? I just feel so pressured to take up the least amount of space possible and not to forget anything. Plus I want to leave the house as clean as possible. Who wants to come home to moldy dishes in the sink and musty laundry piles in the bathroom? I don't. (I don't think Andrew really notices whether the house is clean or not.)

We're only going down to St. George for a few days, but I still feel immense pressure. The fact that we are riding with my in-laws makes me feel even more like I need to squish every possible thing into the corners and crevices of that suitcase to save space. Oh the days when I only had to pack for myself. For a trip like this I could have just taken a backpack full of clothes and my purse. Now, the pack of diapers I know we'll need takes up half a suitcase, playpen, blankies, extra jammies in case he is wet in the night, bottles, sippy cups ... on and on and on. I even feel semi-responsible to make sure that Andrew has everything he needs. This is ridiculous.

No comments: