Wednesday, June 23, 2010

6.23.10.

I think that once we become mothers we lose our own identities. I was not just referred to, but actually addressed as 'Ari's Mom' today.

2 comments:

Allison said...

It could be worse... it could be that naughty kid's mom...

Heather Johnson-Family Volley said...

I know that feeling. After I had my second baby I went through a period where I had to figure out who I was again. I was hard. I was lost. It affected everything. I felt like I couldn't dress myself, I didn't know what I liked, I didn't have an opinion. I kept it to myself and struggled through until I had redefined myself and my life. I felt the same thing after our third, but was able to work through it much better because I had been there before. One of the biggest mistakes I made was trying to work through it alone. Once I told my husband that really helped.

P. S.Congrats on the new baby. Beautiful. I hope you are starting to feel more like yourself.

P.S.S. Thanks for reading Family Volley. Your comments are great. I told my son about the antique car show. He is really excited. It has been put on the to-do list.