Thursday, July 22, 2010


There always seem to be a lot of preying mantises around our house. I've no idea why, but I much prefer them to the abundance of earwigs around the last place we lived. My son and I spent some time studying one on the porch this afternoon.

He knew it was a 'bug' and told me it was a 'bug', but after a while he decided it was not just a bug, but actually a 'saur' bug. I guess there is something sort of prehistoric and dinosaur-ish looking about them? I asked him if he wanted to hold it and he declined, but he did keep coming back to wave at it and say 'Hi'.

1 comment:

Lady Rynn said...

What a cutie! I never thought of Praying Mantises like that. Leave it to our children to teach us how to see things in a different way!