Monday, October 11, 2010

NaNoWriMo

For those of you who are unaware, NaNoWriMo stands for 'National Novel Writing Month' and takes place in November every year. I wanted to do it last year, but my husband was slightly less than supportive and since I was a pregnant crybaby I allowed him to diminish my enthusiasm and dissuade me.
Not this year folks.
I did inform him of my decision and name him some of my other friends who were going to be participating. He said something about jumping off a cliff if others were doing it, yadda yadda yadda.
Anyway, blog posts will be few and far between from now (starting off early by writing outlines, notes, and character profiles) until December first. We'll see if I can write 50,000 words in 30 days.
If you are also NaNoing this year, click the typewriter below for my official NaNoWriMo profile and be my 'buddy'. To read my work-in-progress novel (will be started on November 1st) click the monkey button and request to be invited (I have to add your email address for you to be able to view my story). I would love comments on it by the way, of any sort. Praise, critique, suggestions, plot ideas, hate mail, random unrelated comments, whatever. I just like attention. You know.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

Lady Rynn said...

Hey girl, I'm going to give it a try. I'm nervous. I've had writer's block for so long I worry I won't be able to come up with anything. So here it goes! Thanks for sharing this. It should be fun.

Amber Jessica said...

Awesome! I'm getting way excited!

Allison said...

You go girl! I am right there with ya... so does this mean no scrap nights for us in November? I better hurry and do my Christmas cards this month then huh... so much to prepare if we are doing this!

Amber Jessica said...

I know, I think I should clean my whole house before we begin ... And maybe just one scrapbooking night? I mean, we have to get our November kits done after all, right?