Thursday, July 14, 2011

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder ... Or Something

I've always heard the advice 'spend time apart to improve your relationship'. I never got it. I'm an awfully clingy sort and how can you improve your relationship with someone if they're not with you?

I sort of understand now. It works with some people.

Last night I went out with a friend. We didn't do anything terribly exciting, ran her little sister to the mall and to a party, got an icee/milkshake at the gas station, bothered another friend at work, whatever. It was a nice night. When I got home though, it was like ... Andrew missed me or something.

He gave me a big hug and wanted me to sit next to him on the couch while he showed me pictures and video on his cell phone of what he and the boys had done while I was gone (played cowboys).

Then we stayed up until midnight playing Baldur's Gate together on the PS2. He didn't even get mad at me when I rush pell-mell into hordes of Goblins with my little axe wielding dwarf man instead of being smart about it and shooting arrows from around the corner or whatever.

I die a lot in that game.

Also, when trying to put on armor, I accidentally unequipped my dwarf's clothes and he was running around in his underwear which made me laugh hysterically on the floor for several minutes ... and Andrew still didn't kick me out of the game.

1 comment:

Lady Rynn said...

I love you guys! I miss you tons! We need to get together! This story made me smile, I needed that.