Although technically the first day of winter isn't until December, it really seems like winter in earnest out there today. Along with the weather forecast, my aching knees have been predicting snow since yesterday. I can't take ibuprofen during pregnancy, so if anybody has any suggestions for relieving arthritis please let me know. I am definitely not old enough for this.
When I woke up, the house was rattling in the harsh winds and the rain was coming down in sheets. When I opened the front door to look out, the door blew forcefully inward and nearly hit Ari in the face. When we looked out again an hour later (Andrew was leaving for work) the wind had calmed some but it was now steadily snowing and quickly blanketing the neighborhood in white.
Cleaning snow off his car makes my darling husband very grouchy. I closed the door firmly behind him. "Can't you open that stormy day again?" Raith asked. No. No I cannot.
Ari was disgruntled at being made to get dressed and wear warm socks to go play in the basement playroom. He hates wearing socks. Raith is now wrapped in a blanket, lying on the floor. "My blanket doesn't make me cold." he says. "It makes me warm in my cave!" Welcome to Winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment