Our tree is up and I've decided to give the children only a few ornaments to put on it everyday to keep things exciting. Ari also set up a Thomas the Tank Engine track around the trunk. Not my idea of decoarative, but both boys seem pretty happy with it.
Every time I look at our fireplace it just seems like TOO MANY stockings. Only yesterholiday it was simply stockings for Andrew and I and a little tiny one for our new baby. Now there are FIVE stockings hanging from our mantle. How did this happen? WHEN did this happen?
Cleaning house just gets away from me so quickly. Unless I want to clean every second of every day for the rest of my life, I just need to accept that my house is never going to be perfect and move on with my life instead of letting it get me so depressed. I need to let some things go, BUT I need to step up a bit more on other things. Dishes, being the worst of them. I get behind in the dishes the fastest because I loathe doing them. Even with the dishwasher. I just hate it.
Trying to get things clean room by room obviously hasn't been working. Making a cleaning schedule before that didn't work either. My new strategy is to identify the three biggest messes every day, take care of them, and call my work for the day good. I'd much rather focus on other things like homeschooling my children, playing with them, and doing fun Christmas things anyway.
Also trying to catch up on my scrapbooking before the new baby arrives and demands a billion photoshoots of her own.
Today's three biggest messes are: The dishes (no surprise there), the fish tank, and the master bathtub where I shaved little boy heads yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment