Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Christmas

I never blogged about Christmas. I just skipped over it from everyday things on December 17th to the start of January like the Holiday season never happened.

I just realized I did that and I think it's because Christmas in our family is overwhelming.

There are so many events we are expected to be at and so many people and so much food and so many presents. Don't get me wrong, I like family and food and presents as much as the next person, it's just that we only have twenty four hours starting on the evening of December 24th to cram it all in and it's like an explosion of lights and wrapping paper and carols and hugs and toys and candy ALL AT ONCE and IN YOUR FACE.

I pretty much just spend the 25th of each December in a daze and in order to process it all and cope I can't even think or talk about it for at least another month.

BUT, Christmas came and it was good, and my children are loved and spoiled, and so are Andrew and I. I still can't really talk about it, but here is a tiny little visual piece.













I never manage to get photos or video of everything I want either. Oh well. Raithy LOVED the wrapping paper. Ari opened all his gifts and wanted to open everyone else's as well.
Probably the highlight of it all for me was Ari's initial assessment of the nativity. 'Mary, Baby Jesus, and the three pirates.'

No comments: